Fever during pregnancy, especially in the early stages,is so common that it even tied in with the first signs. It is not surprising! The stress motoryacht the body of the expectant mother directly affects her well-being. And Yes, fever, fever, symptoms prostudio the first days and weeks after conception do occur in many women.
Immunication women weakens. It becomes more susceptible to viral infections. Changes in the respiratory system can also increase the risk of the expectant mother to pick up, for example, cold or flu, and fever is a common symptom of these conditions. However, according to statistics, the frequency of colds (ARI, SARS, influenza) among pregnant and non-pregnant women the same. Then there is no need to think that pregnancy increases the risk of catching cold, just need to be attentive to their personal wellbeing and prevention of colds.
Causes colds the same for all: respiratory viruses, adenoviruses, metapneumovirus. Does not affect disease acute viral infections and pregnancy.
Cold women in the first and in the second and third trimester. Statistics of colds, term simply does not exist. The only thing you can say for sure is less likely to catch cold moms in the last month of pregnancy. The reason is that before birth maternal blood appears a large number of leukocytes (leukocytosis) and other substances that serve an important protective function and prepare the woman for childbirth.
The symptoms of a cold during pregnancy
The symptoms and course of colds in pregnant women are no different from symptoms of other people. The only difference can only be more pronounced nasal congestion. The reason is the high level of progesterone during pregnancy, which affects the nasal mucosa and can trigger its swelling. In other words, the claim that the flu can significantly worsen the symptoms of pregnancy are exaggerated.
Fever begins when the body temperature rises to 38 C or higher, in addition, the heat during pregnancy is accompanied by:
- loss of appetite
- feeling tired or sleepy
- intense sweating
Fever usually indicates that the body tries to protect tentecle. Therefore, at the slightest symptoms of the disease during pregnancy, a woman should contact a doctor. It will help to exclude underlying diseases and prevent complications that can affect the developing baby.
Early signs of pregnancy
In the first weeks of pregnancy the expectant mother experiencing stress. Immediately after conception a woman’s body begins to readjust.
That you are pregnant, you can learn not only through test. Although pregnancy symptoms can vary: some women experience certain symptoms, while others do not notice changes.
Some early signs of pregnancy:
- a delay period. One of the first and most common signs of pregnancy is delayed menstruation. However, it does not necessarily mean that the woman is pregnant.
- Implantation bleeding. Bleeding can occur as the egg attaches to the uterus. Usually occurs light bleeding, coloreadas a couple more days. Selection may be pale pink or brown. Although vaginal bleeding common in the first trimester, and affects 15-25% of pregnant women, it is better to inform the doctor.
- The headaches and dizziness. Increased blood flow and hormonal changes can cause headaches, dizziness, or fainting.
- The pain in his chest. Sensitive, swollen Breasts may be a result of hormonal changes in early pregnancy. Nipples may appear swollen, and your Breasts may tingle and feel heavy and full.
- Nausea and vomiting. Usually nausea and vomiting in early pregnancy is called morning sickness, although symptoms can appear at any time of the day or night.
- Fatigue. The feeling of fatigue is a common symptom, especially in the first trimester. All because of hormonal changes.
- Frequent urination. In the early stages of pregnancy, frequent urination occurs as a result of release of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG), a hormone that increases blood flow to the pelvic region. In addition, the symptom may persist in the later period, as the uterus expands and can put pressure on the bladder.
- A change in tastes. A pregnant woman may start to crave opredelennoye, disgusted at previously loved or to be sensitive to certain smells.
- Mood swings. Hormonal changes can cause mood swings, which a woman then feels miserable, absolutely happy.
- Nosebleeds and bleeding gums.These symptoms can cause increased blood flow during pregnancy.
- Nasal congestion. In the early stages of pregnancy the blood vessels in the nasal passages can expand, leading to congestion. Nasal congestion can also occur when cold or the flu.
Some early symptoms of pregnancy can be accompanied by hot flashes, but sometimes they are related to the underlying disease.
Why am I having these symptoms?
About 6 week pregnancy the volume of blood in the body increases. The extra blood helps the development of the placenta, and is also necessary for a separate circulation of the fetus, through which it obtains the necessary nutrients.
Closer to the 16th week of pregnancy, the inflow of blood plasma to the kidneys is increased by 75 percent and continues to grow as long as the pregnancy is complete. This additional blood flow means that the metabolism speeds up, producing more heat. For this reason, the woman probably will feel the increase in body temperature.
During pregnancy the body is going through a significant number of other changes. The levels of hormones fluctuate, the uterus expands to make room for the growing baby and the new organ, the placenta grows to support the fruit. Because of these changes, there are some symptoms that accompany a woman during pregnancy. It should be noted that not all women notice any new this period.
How to accurately determine pregnancy?
The only way to confirm pregnancy is to take the test. Most pregnancy tests confirm its accuracy to 99 percent, although this depends on many factors, such as the time and instructions.
After the woman gets pregnant, level of HCG hormone starts to grow. If you test too early, the level may not be determined. To improve the accuracy of a home pregnancy test, wait for delay and test in the morning, when your urine is less diluted.
To purchase this test in most drug stores and on the Internet. The doctor can confirm the pregnancy by ultrasound scan.
When to see a doctor?
Sensation of heat or occasional tidal heat can be an early sign of pregnancy. If you think you may be pregnant, take a test or see your doctor.
Mild fever may be the result of changes during pregnancy. However, a pregnant woman with a temperature of 38 C or higher should consult a doctor who will be able to check the reasons and to monitor the health of the fetus. This is especially important if a fever is accompanied by other symptoms.